DigiSpace Hub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
/ Welcome to DigiSpace Hub, Guest! /
/ Feel free to take a look around. Please be respectful to one another, and just have fun. /
/ This is a friendly gaming community. /

Sins of a Solar Empire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Specter

Specter

Sins of a Solar Empire Empty
PostSubject: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 3:25 pm

It's a massive ass space real time strategy that is intensely in depth and OBSCENELY big, talking about legit managing an entire galaxy, empire and all its colonies. ( I hate micro managing on huge scales.. it's gonna be hard for me to adjust ), Anybody got it tho?
Back to top Go down
Sleight

Sleight

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Is it star wars or what? If it's just a simple strategy game, I can get into that.
Back to top Go down
https://3rdbattalion.board-directory.net
Specter

Specter

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Random strategy game, has its own stuff, It has a starwars conversion mod but it just means the ships become starwars, pretty much everything else stays the same system wise. ( Probably easier in that respect for me, I'd actually recognize vessels )

But yeah it's a random space based strategy game. Multi galaxy spanning scale. Universal conquest type shit.
Back to top Go down
WhatsSmoking

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 pm

It might seem hard to get into at first but once u get the basics down its fun and you can have large fleets duke it out a couple hundrend ships.
Back to top Go down
Sleight

Sleight

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 pm

I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
https://3rdbattalion.board-directory.net
Specter

Specter

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 pm

It seems worth it, you manage a civilian infrastructure and a military concurrently.
Back to top Go down
Raiden

Raiden

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 am

I'll have to check into it too x3
Back to top Go down
Specter

Specter

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 am

Yeah having conquered the universe with smokey in a massive co op war. It is a truly amazing game. If you like RTS's and sci fi, then this is definitely that in-depth universal, Not just galactic but UNIVERSAL domination game you've been waiting for. You can have up to ten different teams, of one player to however many, I think leading up to ten teams. Not sure but yeah.. Multi faction as well. Diplomacy, commerce, backroom deals and piracy are abound, industrial, military, financial and technological might must all be in decent balance, and you've gotta aggressively expand to about roughly five to six planets ( depending on how many gay ass "asteroids" you get insteada legit planets ) to get started, but when you do, it only gets better, and it gets really awesome.

The cool thing is, You don't even have to be there, it will persistantly run the game when you're offline if im not mistaken, as long as the last person to save it, hosts and loads his game. While this means you can be killed off, your empire will still run itself fairly well. Although if you're like smokey and I, You've probably left the equivilent to the death star waiting for some poor unsuspecting asshole to try to fuck with you. We totally annihilated a pirate fortress world without a single casualty on our end with two executor-class star dreadnoughts, our flagships, Pretty gruesome shit. Really nice to see the raw might of the executor realistically portrayed, Must blow ass to be a rebel.

It's 20 bucks on steam, Or you can pirate it, Vince and his "daemon tools" and brandon with his "Isohunt" and whatever else. Whatever floats your boat. I don't care, But it'd be nice to have more people to play with. Smokey and I would like a third or forth even, Who aren't going to hijack every planet in sight like the AI does. Especially since the AI, when hes on our team, doesn't even use all those planets to his advantage and like I said, it takes like 5-6 planets to get you going smoothly, So planet hogs are really not welcome. We share evenly, shocking, I know. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Getting. It.
Back to top Go down
Specter

Specter

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 pm

I think it's more or less confirmed now. Starwars mod cannot have cross era factions.

Ex. Empire vs alliance = Okay. ( Still seeking to further test the size of the games the mod can handle )

Republic vs droids = Okay. ( or atleast thats the theory )

Empire vs allance vs droids vs republic = BAD.

Empire vs republic = Bad

Etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Specter

Specter

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:01 am

-double post. Also found battlestar galactica and stargate mods for this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sins of a Solar Empire   Sins of a Solar Empire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sins of a Solar Empire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DigiSpace Hub :: Gaming Discussion :: Misc Game Discussion-
Jump to: